Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rhymed Verse

Poetry that rhymes relays a message through the music of the spoken word. Their power is in their ability to get us caught up in the music so that we will let down our defenses and consider the message that the poem has to offer. Sometimes poets use rhyme as a tool to show the humor in the message they are trying to convey. Traditional poems are written in rhyme to help to add a musical element to a reading. A rhyming poem brings out the joy that can be had in appreciating the music in words.

Here are some examples of simple poems which has rhymed verse. These are originally written by my classmates.



Beauty of Life
by Riza Joy Nanquil
I have found love but not in the eyes of a man
Rather in the tender reflected in the radiant of the sun
It speaks of gentleness by offering its light
Its warmth so existent that I couldn’t get off my sight
I have found glee but not in the glisten of gold
But in a blithe soul of a rose that’s so bold
Unfold the veiled splendor of this little thing
For no one could grant us this other than the King
I have found my lifetime by merely looking around me
The best things are indeed free as what I can see
Trying to put my defenses down is the strife
Yet here in my heart resides the true beauty of life



Serenity 
 by Jayson Relos
The night was so deep
And everyone was fast asleep
I went outside and felt the chill
Of blowing winds as I stood still
Post of light was is few steps away
Shines on a garden as the flowers sway
Luminous bulb spread its brilliance
On tree while their shadows dance
Crickets from nowhere began to sing
Hymn and peace they bring
Caused me to go back to bed
And have a sweet dream instead



Hopes in Life
by Janela Marie Cacnio
I’m sitting here in an empty place
With a frown in my face
Like a man whose dying
Like a bird enable from flying
It seems that I’m alone each day
But still hoping I’m going to be okay
No matter how hard it is for me
With faith everything would just “let it be “
I believe God has plan for us
And I believe God loves
Just like parents who care
And a friend who would always be there.




Down fall
By Dara Rose Agnes
You can take me to where you are
You can leave me like a falling star
I can breathe without your shadow
I can leave even if it’s for my greatest sorrow

I am strong “I know”
I can take everything for all I can show
When you believe that this is for the best
You can tell me to let go and take a rest

I didn’t plan, I didn’t run
You shouldn’t come and bade that I can
This feelings I endure, this thing I see so pure
I can no longer stay; there can never be a cure

 

No comments:

Post a Comment